About Me

My photo
CHICAGO, IL, United States
I am on this quest to make the most of my life.

Sunday, August 9, 2009

You Can Never Be Certain



Funny how sudden things can change

One moment basking in the sun
In a flash seeking shelter from the rain
Battered and bruised by life’s mental canes
So often my heart tries to console
My torn and weary soul
But ain’t that my brain’s role?
To process, reform and produce a package with bow?
And if not what part of me is responsible for making me whole?
Filling that gap and paying that toll?


Or is that depending on the circumstance
Self cannot heal
And from time to time we must rely
On the kindness of strangers
Handing over our future existence
To unwitting participants
And depending on our karma
We sink or swim in it
Now ain’t that some shit?
If indeed this is true
I suggest a watchful mind on how you treat me
Likewise on how I you
Rethinking what we will or won’t do
Resizing the fit of someone else’s shoe
Be prepared to walk in it
Cause there’s no telling when you’ll need to


Guaranteed before it’s all said and done
Enemies, rivals and opposites will critically intersect
Even just momentarily forced to connect
Like some twisted 3 legged race
Where your success to the finish your life predicates
Outcome that you play well with others
Or your life gets erased.

No comments:

Post a Comment