About Me

My photo
CHICAGO, IL, United States
I am on this quest to make the most of my life.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Wish For All Those I Know

Success is not easy, recalling the gentleman's discussion from the video "The Truth".  I consider myself to be on a pretty successful path and even I was taken aback, because I know I slack sometimes when I could go harder.  What makes us gravitate toward collective averageness? In this mindset those trying to do more are considered overly confident or arrogant.  When we complain and wallow, people rally around us. When we celebrate and progress, people feign excitement or simply can't celebrate because this highlights their failure to be more.

I also keep reflecting on the quote by Marianne Williamson which formed part of Nelson Mandela's inaugural speech.   She so perfectly sums up my hopes for those around me and beyond me.  We spend time trying to hold each other back or at bay to hide our own insecurities and inadequacies; instead of developing our existences we decide that it's much less work to stay where we are and commit to the limitation of others.

My goal is to inspire and to be inspired so that I can inspire some more. Not to make you feel I think the world of myself, but to show that you must have confidence in yourself and in what you do, no matter what. People may not like my writing, my music, my insight, my knowledge or my dedication.  But do you know what? I love my writing, my music, my insight, my knowledge and my dedication. My love of these things does not hinge or rely on how many comments, accolades or acknowledgments I receive. You do not need this validation.  Do not let folks smother you from their fear of inadequacy.



Your Playing Small does not Serve the World
Marianne Williamson

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
It is our light, not our darkness that frightens us
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,
talented and fabulous?
Actually who are you not to be?
You are a child of God

Your playing small does not serve the world
There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other
people won’t feel insecure around you
We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us

It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone
And as we let our own light shine we unconsciously give
other people the right to do the same
As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence
automatically liberates others.


Everything in this life is about choices, our own, because even when someone forces us to react based on choices they made that affect us, we still have to decide how we will react.  Choose toward success. Choose toward Him. Choose toward collective uplifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment