About Me

My photo
CHICAGO, IL, United States
I am on this quest to make the most of my life.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

On Revealing Myself

I've always been good at a lot of things, but have always taken the path that was most practical and sensical, because I was too afraid to stray from what people assumed should be happening in my life.  What a dreary and drab state in which to exist!  My poetry has always been an outlet, and over the past several years the words have formed lines and lyrics, setting the stage  for them to be combined with music and voila! The big reveal, because what no one knew is that since I was in the 8th grade I wanted to be a musician of words, not so much a rapper but combining thoughtful words with music.  This feels realllly good.

Quitting my day job? Not likely, lol! But me, my Bluebird mic, my Saffire 6, Mac and Logic Pro 9 are definitely having a good time in my walk-in closet...

View my works at:

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRealLifeSituation?feature=mhsn

1 comment:

  1. Ever feel like if you can't creat your art, you'll suffocate --metaphorically of course, but not really. I do.

    If I'm in the mind to write and distractions get in the way, keeping me from my craft ... it's almost a physical pain ... More like a near stress attack. Crazy?

    ReplyDelete